Before my phone starts melting, let me qualify the title of this post. Last night at Shropshire Dev NET, a conversation broke out regarding recruiters. Everyone in the room, seemed to have a story to tell regarding their dealings with recruitment agencies. Some positive, a few negative, some completely baffling. So at the end of last nights meeting, I floated the idea of asking a recruitment agent to come and speak at an event so they can describe life on their side of the fence. A lot of people sat up and started to grin. I think I may have found an event that may be fully booked up before I even publish the tickets on Eventbrite!
So this is what I need:
I need a recruitment agent to come and be the speaker at a Shropshire Dev NET User group event. We meet for two hours one evening each month. While you will not be paid for your time, you will be fed.
- Work primarily placing developers in the .NET space. (If you need to look up ".NET", don't bother offering.)
- Speak for 90 minutes describing the end-to-end process of placing a developer in a new post. TBH I'd prepare a hour talk. I suspect there'll be an extensive Q&A session.
- Be game for a laugh - I've no doubt there'll be some banter. Feel free to throw some back.
- See this as an opportunity not to harvest cv's but to meet the people behind the cv's in a relaxed environment to see what makes us tick.
- Be willing to accept a lot of kudos for agreeing to take part. This will be quite a unique event.
Interested? Lets make this happen. It could be awesome!